Empire | Rushmore Clean Face Direct Vent Fireplace 36"
A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run,but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive. Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive.
Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions. The system starts with independently controlled front and rear burners set in a large ember bed. The burners create a tall lively fire that dances and curls around the hand-painted ceramic fiber logs – generating a continuous tableau of flame shapes and light patterns.
The Rushmore's TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions, and is offered in two sizes– 40-inch or 36-inch.
An attractive clean-face design integrates the barrier screen flush with the fireplace front – allowing you to install tile, brick, or other non-combustible materials right up to the fireplace opening for a clean, organic installation. Or choose one of the optional decorative fronts, doors, or frames to tailor your new fireplace with the look that suits your décor.
A variety of liners are available to further customize the Rushmore– including Old World Stone, Rustic Brick, or reflective Black Porcelain. Choose between the two logs sets– Traditional Charred or Driftwood. Add the available hand-forged andirons to complete the look.
Ceramic Glass: 31 ¾ x 28 3/8-in,
Venting: 5 x 8 Top Vent Only, 12-in min. rise before horizontal
Framing: 51 1/2 H x 45 1/2 W x 22 1/2 D
- Fireplace Barrier Screen
- Non-Combustible Board
- Multi-Function remote controls the:
- Front and rear burner 6-step variable flame height
- Independent Rear burner on/off (70% turn down)
- Front and rear burner variable flame height
- Accent lighting on/off with 6-step dimming
- Optional Double Blower (if installed) on/off with 6-speed settings
- TruFlame Technology
- Catalyst allows large flame, extensive ember bed and clean burn
- Log Set
- Dimension: 40 3/4" H x 45" W x 22 1/8" D
- 5 x 8 Venting ~ Top Vent Only
- 14-Piece Log Set
- Ceramic Glass: 31-3/4 x 28-3/8
- Manually Variable Valve
- TruFlame Technology
- Multi-Function Variable Flame Height Remote
- Independent Rear Burner (up to 70% turndown)
- Optional Double Blower
- Accent Lighting ~ on/off and 6-stage dimming
- Maximum BTU Output: 40,000
- Min/Max Natural Gas Inlet Pressure: 4.5"/14" WC
- Min/Max Propane Gas Inlet Pressure: 10.8"/14" WC
- Actual Viewing Area: 36 7/8" W x 34 1/2" H
- Valve Type: IPI Valve
The Rushmore fireplace is available in two sizes– 40-inch or 36-inch.
Options & Accessories
Forged Iron Front / Insets & Beveled Frames
Finish: Black / Distress Pewter / Oil-Rubbed Bronze
Forged Iron Frame
Forged Iron Inset - Arch / Rectangular
Beveled Frames - 1.5in, Textured Black / Brushed Nickel / Brushed Nickel
From left to right: Forged Iron in Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Forged Iron in Black, Beveled Window Frame in Nickel, Beveled Window Frame in Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Beveled Window Frame in Black.
Note: Decorative Front can be used alone, or with one of the available forged iron inserts, as shown above.
Also Note: Inset Req Matching Forged Iron Frame. The above images shown Front with inset, both sold separately products.
Power Vent Accessory
Empire Horizontal Power Vent Termination for use on Pro-Flame Direct Vent Fireplaces.
- Natural Gas to Propane / Propane to Natural Gas Conversion Kits
Heat Management Kit
Click to see Heat Management Options
Heat Management Kit
External Forced Air Heat Management
Flex Vent Kit for Forced Air Kit
- Download Installation Guide
- Download Brochure
- Download Architecture
- Home Owner's Manual
- Andirons for DVCT36, DVCT40, & DVCT50 (DCA1ABL)
- Rushmore Blower Installation (FBB21)
- Rushmore Decorative Frames (DF36CNB/DFF36FPD, DFF40CPD/DFF40RPD, DFF50FPD)
- Rushmore Glass Removal Manual
- Rushmore Black Porcelain Liner Kits
- Rushmore Ceramic Fiber Liner Kits (Rustic Brick/Old World Stone)
- Rushmore Ceramic Fiber Liner Kit (Whitewashed Herringbone Brick)
- Rushmore Decorative Doors
- Rushmore DVCT36 Conversion Kit (Nat to LP)
- Rushmore DVCT36 Conversion Kit (LP to Nat)
- Power Vent (Horizontal Kit)
- Power Vent (Vertical Conversion Kit)
About The Manufacturer:
Empire was the first to market vent-free heaters equipped with an Oxygen Depletion Sensor (now standard on all vent-free products in the U.S.). In the 1980s, Empire became the first to market a gas-fired heater that achieves 80-percent efficiency, and in 2006, Empire marketed the first vented gas fireplace to achieve 90-percent efficiency. From early floor furnaces (a forerunner to central heating systems) to console heaters to wall furnaces, to gas fireplaces and log sets, to the super-efficient Mantis fireplace system, Empire has adapted to market requirements.
At Belleflame, we believe that shopping should be simple, stress-free, and most importantly, enjoyable. That's why we work hard to bring you the best products, prices, and customer service in the industry.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose us:
- Wide Selection of Products: We offer a vast selection of top-quality products from the leading brands in the industry. No matter what you're looking for, we have something for everyone.
- No Sales Tax, no Hidden Fees: just the lowest prices on the market. When you shop with us, you can rest assured that the price you see is the price you'll pay. No matter where you live, you can enjoy tax-free shopping with us.
- Fast and Free Shipping: We understand that you want your products as soon as possible. That's why we offer fast and free shipping on all orders.
- Easy Returns: We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you're not happy, just let us know and we'll make it right.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive a confirmation email. After that, we double-check if all items ordered are in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your order is available for the delivery within the advertised time frame, we will submit it for shipment to the warehouse. If the expected delivery time exceeds the advertised time frame, we'll reach out to you via email and/or phone to confirm the order.
Within 1 business day from the time the item has been shipped, you will receive an email confirmation with tracking number. If you would not receive tracking information within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us.
Estimated Time of Arrival:
We typically deliver within 2-10 business days. Custom made products are usually delivered within 3-5 weeks. If the expected delivery date for your order would fall outside of the advertised 2-10 business day time frame, our customer service team will reach out to you to confirm if you are OK with that date.
All estimated delivery dates and shipping costs advertised on the website apply the the Contiguous United States only. Please contact our customer service team to discuss the time and cost of shipping to Hawaii or Alaska. We don't ship directly to Canada, but we can ship your order to the freight carrier of your choice.
It is very important that you inspect the packaging of your items when they arrive and check if you received all boxes listed on the delivery receipt. If you notice any damage or shortage of packages, you must make note of it on the bill of lading, take pictures, and refuse delivery. Your note should say "refused due to damage". You must also take photos of all sides of the box and send them to us within 2 days. If there are no damages visible before opening the box, you must note "subject to further inspection may contain concealed damage". If you notice any damage after receiving the delivery, do not throw the box away, and contact us with the photos. After we receive information from you about the refused delivery or concealed damage, we immediately initiate a claim with the shipping company or with the manufacturer. After the claim is fully processed, we ship all replacements at absolutely no cost to you.
Cancellations & Refunds:
We can cancel your order at absolutely no cost to you before the shipping label or Bill of Lading has been created, or before production of a custom order has started. Custom made items are not eligible for refunds after production has started. To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused and in the same condition as you received it. It must also remain in the original packaging, and the packaging must be in a perfect condition. Orders delivered outside the United States are not eligible for refunds. If your order arrived damaged, "Damages" section applies. Our refund policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund. Please contact us before returning an item to discuss shipping details. All refunds will be issued to the credit card or PayPal account you used for your purchase within 2 days after all returned items arrived at our warehouse.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding shipping time.
At Belleflame, we're committed to providing our customers with the best prices on the market. That's why we offer a 110% best price guarantee. If you find a better deal on the same product somewhere else, just let us know and we'll beat it by an additional 10%.
We believe that shopping should be easy, convenient, and most importantly, affordable. That's why we work hard to bring you the lowest prices on the products you love. But if you do happen to find a better deal elsewhere, we'll go the extra mile to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Here's how it works:
- Find a lower price on the same product from another retailer.
- Contact us with the details of the offer, including the website or store name, product name, and price.
- We'll verify the price and beat it by an additional 10%.
It's that simple! Our 110% best price guarantee ensures that you'll always get the best deal possible when you shop with us. So, why wait? Start shopping now and experience the difference of shopping with Belleflame.
100% Guaranteed Secure Checkout
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.